What health conditions qualify for an Nevada Medical Marijuana card?

  • Severe Pain
  • Cancer
  • Glaucoma
  • AIDS / HIV
  • Cachexia or Wasting Syndrome
  • Severe Nausea
  • Seizures
  • Severe and Persistent Muscle Spasms
  • PTSD

What documents do I need to bring to my appointment?

  • Nevada Driver's License or Nevada State issued ID card (temporary paper ids provided at the DMV will not be accepted by the State)
  • Payment
  • Medical Records If Available: We are happy to retrieve your medical records from your other physicians free of charge. We will simply have you fill out a medical release form at the time of your appointment.

Will my insurance cover my fees with you?

No. Insurance companies do not cover the certification process at the current time.

What forms of payment do you take?

We accept Cash as well as Credit and Debit cards. We charge a $5 processing fee for credit/debit payments.

How long does the certification appointment take at your office?

Each patient is unique, so each appointment is a little different. But expect to spend between 45 - 60 minutes at our office between paperwork and your visit with the physician.


The fee for the physician evaluation is $125. At no additional charge, we take care of everything for you, including all needed paperwork, and download and upload of your state application. If you would also like us to process a caregiver application, we charge an additional $50. Please also remember that the state has their own fee that is due at the time of upload of either $50 for one year or $100 for two years.

Who can write a medical certification for a patient?

Only MD (allopathic) and DO (osteopathic) physicians with a valid Nevada medical license may certify patients. The doctors we work with meet these standards and are in good standing with their medical boards.

How long will it take for me to receive my registry identification card after my application is submitted to the State?

Upon uploading your application to the State, which we do for you on the day of your appointment, the State generally takes anywhere from 1 day to 7 days to email you a temporary approval letter. The letter is valid for 60 days and authorizes you to purchase your cannabis at a licensed dispensary. Approximately one month after your application upload, the State will mail you a permanent card that will replace the letter and allow you to purchase your cannabis for the remainder for your year-long certification.

When will I have to renew my card?

The registry indentification card will expire either one year or two years after the date it was issued, depending on your selection at the time of your registration submission. We will contact you two months before your expiration to remind you to return to our office for a renewal certification.

What happens if I lose my card?

To replace a card, email an image of the front and back of your driver's license to, explain what happened, and request a new approval letter. If you need assistance with this, our office can provide this service for you for $25.

My work routinely tests for drugs including marijuana. If I have a registration card, am I protected?

  • Unfortunately, the Nevada Medical Marijuana Act states that employers are not required to accommodate employees who use medical marijuana. We suggest consulting an attorney if you have concerns over your employment in relation to your medical use of cannabis.

Do you provide marijuana once I'm a qualified card holder?

  • No, we are just the doctors that evaluate your condition for certification of the card. Once you are approved as a qualifying patient, you can obtain medical marijuana from a dispensary or, if you authorized to cultivate, from home cultivation.

If I have a past conviction for possession or use of marijuana, can I still get a qualifying patient registry identification card?

  • Yes, if you have a written certification from a Nevada physician, you can obtain a registry identificion card. However, if you have been convicted of knowingly or intentionally selling a controlled substance, the State has the right to deny your application.

Can I hold a medical marijuana card for more than one state?

  • Yes. But to obtain a Nevada card, you must prove Nevada residency by providing a Nevada driver's license or a Nevada identification card. Additionally, your physican certification form must be completed by a Nevada licensed physician. If you meet those guidelines, you can hold a Nevada medical marijuana card as well as from another state.

How much do I have to pay the State for my card?

  • Nevada requires either a $50 fee for one year or $100 fee for a two year registry identification card. On the day of your visit with us, we will collect the doctor evaluation fee, and if you qualify, the state fee for processing.

What if I need to change my address or name on my registration card?

Changes can be made to the DPBH in writing and must include a copy of the cardholder/caregiver’s Nevada driver’s license or identification card. The DPBH MUST be notified of the following changes within 7 days of the change:
  • Change of address
  • Change of phone number
  • Change in medical status
  • Change in status with regard to criminal convictions
  • Lost or stolen card
  • If you have changed your designated caregiver or are no longer using a caregiver
Your program registration card can be revoked if you fail to notify the State of these changes and this could prevent you from future entry into the program.

Do you have a question that we did not answer?